Facts About Flat Roofing
"Are you thinking about installing a flat roof on your home or commercial property? Here are 70 essential facts about flat roofing to help you choose the best material for your needs and budget.
If you need to estimate cost of installing or replacing a flat / low slope roof, use our Flat Roof Calculator.
To help you navigate this list, it is broken down into the following categories:
- Flat Roof Materials – overview of different technologies, used in low slope roofing.
- Cost of Materials – price variations between single-ply, built-up and rolled roofs.
- Installation – different ways to install various types of materials.
- Cost of Installation
- Longevity – estimated and actual length of in service use for different types of flat roofing.
- Durability – practical overview of of puncture strength, foot traffic, UV exposure, and withstanding elements by different flat roof technologies.
- Maintenance and repair – in depth look at easy (or difficulty) of fixing / repairing under different weather conditions.
- Unique Applications/Benefits
- Energy Efficiency – comparison solar reflectivity between black roofs (Rubber/EPDM, Built-up and rolled roofing) and white single ply roofs (PVC / TPO / White EPDM)
- Environmental Impact – will the certain type of material be recycled at the end of it’s life, or go straight to landfill?"